As a surprise to my sister I decided to make this Caribbean Chicken recipe that she’s been DYING for me to make but I never had the time to. So as the sneaky sister I am, I ran to the grocery store and got the rest of the ingredients needed for the recipe. What I like about this recipe is that the marinade has a nice combination of sweet and tart…the recipe calls for a lot more spice but I’m not a huge fan of spice honestly lol…so here is part one of my meal…
Caribbean Chicken Wings
- 1 habanero, seeded and chopped (did not add this item)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (did not use item)
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 green onions, chopped
Raw Chicken Wings!
In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients but the chicken! (You should already know better than to blend chicken! Lmaoo) until smooth.
After its blended
Once your marinade is made you can set a side 1/3 of your marinade to make into a sauce. (To make into a sauce all you have to do is add your marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil or until it thickens).
After your marinade is completed, I than clean my raw chicken with either lemon, lemon juice, or salt under running warm water. Once it is cleaned add chicken into zip lock bags and pour in your marinade. I like to seperate the chicken into 2 bags so the chicken can really soak in the juices.
Marinaded chicken in bags
- Refigerate the chicken for either 4-6 hrs or even up to 24 hrs if you want the chicken to really soak in the flavor.
- Once marinaded load your chicken onto a pan and put into the oven at 400 degrees for 45-to an 1hr or until it is nice and brown
Chicken before roasted
- As the chicken is roasting I like to made my sides so it is nice a fresh. Usually I would make rice to go along with the chicken (I will make a rice blog later on) but I decided to mix it up and add roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli that I later sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic.
Red Potatoes, Garlic, and a White Onion (My fave!)
How I usually roast my potatoes is I cut up my red potatoes into small quaters, drizzle about two tablespoons of olive oil, than add in some fresh minced or finely chopped garlic and onion. I also like to add in some pepper, and any assorted herbs and spices I am feeling at the time. The fun thing about potatoes is you can usually add whatever spices you want and you come out with a great end product.
Once you add your herbs and spices to the potatoes, put them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Crispy and Yummy ❤
Once my potatoes were done I made some steamed broccoli than sauteed them in olive oil and fresh chopped garlic. I also added a little bit of salt and pepper, and onion powder. My sister loves broccoli and absolutely devoured this.
yummy broccoli 🙂
Once I was with all these sides my chicken was crispy to perfection.
All done and roasted 🙂
Now everything is completed and I have to say it all came out delish. I happen to like dark roasted chicken but if you do not like it so dark make it however way you want. My sister enjoyed it and I hope you guys make it and enjoy it.