Hola My Foodie Lovers and Friends! ESPECIALLy the Sweet Tooths :-)!
First off hope everyone had an amazing weekend, hopefully filled with fun, good food, and of course some much needed REST! I know for myself my weekend was pretty decent and it actually taught me a lot (I know how can two days really teach you anything, but it did!). Lately I have been feeling that I am at a crossroads. There are so many different opportunities to choose from and with a busy yet pretty much redundant schedule I was losing my love for life. In other words I felt like I was stuck in a HUGE rut! People around me seem to have a lot more going while me was same old same old! Than I realized that I cannot just sit there and let life pass me by, but rather create new opportunities and experiences for me. I almost thought that running away from this place was the best option but I realized that it would not help my situation of my lack for lust of life. So I decided to LIVE, LIVE, LIVE. I am expose myself to new and more exciting experiences and hope that it will cure this “ailment” so to speak LOL. Only time will tell but I will DEFINITELY keep you in the know 😉
This week I was inspired to bake because not only had it been a while, but I wanted something to pick me up from my “funk”. Cooking as I have said before is one of my forms of therapy and I love to go through the pantry and create new dishes or treats that I know my family and coworkers would enjoy. Thats when I decided to make a cake with crushed Oreo’s and a yummy chocolate drizzle. Decadent I know but oh so yummy! I even cheated a little bit from my clean “diet” and had a small slice just to test it out of course. This cake recipe is simple and oh so delicious and is HIGHLY recommended for the chocolate lover 🙂
- For Cake:
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup of Milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 cup of cooled melted Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 box of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1-1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreo Cookies
- For Oreo & Chocolate Drizzle/Ganache Topping
- 9 ounces of Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 cup of crushed Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients: cake mix and pudding mix and set aside.
Also crush your Oreos for both the cake and your cake topping and set aside.
- In a medium-large size bowl whisk together your eggs, milk, and melted butter till combined.
Than pour your cake mix into the egg mixture and whisk till combined and smooth.
- Pour in your crush Oreos and fold into your cake batter till combined.
- Spray your tube cake pan with baking non stick spray and pour in your batter. (I was lucky enough to find and aluminum angel food cake pan so cleaning was essentially a breeze!)
- Bake the cake for 20 to 30 minutes or until center of the cake is baked (toothpick test).
- Once bake remove from pan and let the cake cool till cold to touch.
- Meanwhile you can make your chocolate ganache: add your chocolate chips into a medium size heat proof bowl and set aside. Add your heavy cream into a small sauce pan and heat till simmering (small bubbles in the corners). Than pour your heavy cream to your chocolate chips and whisk till combined and has a velvety texture. (This recipe makes about 2 cups so you can use the amount desired for your cake!)
- Once cake is cooled pour about half your ganache onto your cake (I use a cup to pour the ganache to make it easier). Than add your crushed Oreos and pour the rest onto your cake (Make a drizzle effect).
- Let this set for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Slice this yummy cake and ENJOY!
This cake was yummy and I think it came out pretty awesome! It was moist and soo delicious and it was gone in about an hour at work. I wanted to put up this recipe because its deliciously homemade and easy enough for any baker who is just starting. It does not matter that the starter is a cake mix, creativity makes anything yours. So go out and buy any cake mix and add some delicious add ins! You never know what you can create 😉
Love you all and hope you have a happy and yummy rest of your Sunday and a great week!