Happy Sunday My Sweet Toothed Foodies,
I hope you all are having a great sunday, mine of course was traditional and relaxing with church and brunch with the family. Nothing beats my sunday morning than a great service followed by some yummy food! After brunch I was lucky enough to whip up a quick batch of cookies and I thought why not play with it. I had a Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and I was OF COURSE craving cookies. This by far is one of my favorite mixes not only because the results are some yummy cookies but you can make the mix your own with your own variations.
As you all know I love to experiment with all kinds of food products so of course I had to make these cookies with a twist, Nutella!!! Now if you know me I am a LOVER OF NUTELLA! I grew up eating Nutella when a family member brought a jar overseas or was lucky enough to find it in a store. I remember countless times eating Nutella on toast or bagels while watching cartoons or movies to now baking Nutella into cupcakes and delicious creme frostings. Basically Nutella is an honoree family member in my family who must always be in my house (aka in my pantry LOL). Now on to the recipe, this is just my version of making quick and easy chocolate chip cookies with a delicious Nutella swirl!
- 1 package of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 large Egg
- 1 softened stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 -1 cup of Mini Hershey Kiss Chocolate Chips or any kind of Chocolate Chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup of Nutella (Hazelnut Chocolate Spread)
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F
- In a medium size bowl combine your chocolate chip cookie mix, one egg, unsalted butter (chopped into pieces), vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and chocolate chips
and mixed till combined. (I like to mix it with my hands but a wooden spoon will do)
- Split your cookie dough is half and scoop in some Nutella and swirl it with the cookie dough.
- Use an ice scooper and scoop on some dough and place on your baking pan to bake for 10-12 minutes (**Cookies will be done when you can lift the corner slightly)
- Remove and let them cool slightly or like many others just enjoy the soft and warm cookie fresh out of the oven!
Now that you got the gist of how to make simple and easy Chocolate Chip Nutella Swirl Cookies now go and make your own! This is definitely a crowd pleaser and the kids will love this as well. So next time you pick up a cookie mix get creative 🙂
Happy Baking 🙂