Hola My Creative Foodies,
As you know Valentine’s Day is just ONE DAY away and if you already have your gifts (most of us foodies like to show our love by baking!) that’s awesome, but some of you may be scrambling for time! (Which is OKAY because with busy lives some may not have time to shop let alone bake). One of the things I make for not only Valentine’s Day but for every major holiday is chocolate lollipops. There ares soo many awesome molds and this is a great treat idea for children. I make them for my mothers students all the time and they LOVE them! It is soo quick and easy and is pretty inexpensive.
Most craft shops sell these molds for under two dollars and around the holiday season the melting chocolate is on sale for 2 dollars or less even (Bought my chocolate for $1.99 per pack!).
Chocolate lollipops are an awesome and quick idea, it takes minutes to melt the chocolate and you can set the molds and pop them into the freezer and in 10 minutes there are ready to go! I like to pack them in decorative small cellophane bags. I usually find really cute ones at a dollar store or a craft store like AC Moore and Michaels.
With these simple and easy directions and tips you will be making these all the time!
- 1 package of Melting Chocolate (I use Wiltons Melting Candy)
- 1 package of Lollipop Sticks
- 1 Chocolate Lollipop Mold
- Cellophane Plastic Bags (Optional
- Melt some of your chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and set for one-two minutes (1 minute usually does the trick)
- Pour your melted chocolate with a small spoon or squeeze bottle into your molds. (I usually fill it 3/4 of the mold) and add your stick
- If you want to make a marble chocolate pour a little bit of one type of chocolate than another and swirl with a toothpick
- Put your molds into your freezer for about 10 minutes or till harden
- The lollipops will than pop out easily once than. Repeat the same process till you have the desired amount of lollipops
- You can put your chocolate lollipops in your small cellophane bag or just eat and enjoy 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed this last minute V-Day gift idea, especially for kiddies to big kids ;-). I love making these awesome and easy lollipops and I hope you one day try it and be creative with your molds and different types of chocolate. So show some love to your favorite person and give them some chocolate!
Happy V-Day and Chocolate Making 🙂