Hello my foodies!
I am back again with another creative and yummy way to use the rice cooker. I am not sure if I ever told the back story of how I started using my rice cooker for things other than rice…well here it goes! In my current job I have the pleasure of running a food program for a preschool/childcare center. I create monthly menus, prep and make the food, do weekly food orders, I do it all! When I first started I was introduced into a kitchen that was not like the typical commercial kitchen I was used too, in my opinion my now kitchen is a better version home kitchen but with a big freezer and fridge with:two convection and convectional ovens, a movable stovetop (its on wheels), dishwasher, two food warmers, and two rice cookers. Now with these kitchen appliances you can make lots of things but you have to be creative and think bigger. Everyday when I go into work I think of, what can I do to make this recipe better. I love that I even have the creative freedom to make anything in that kitchen mind. (I know I am going sooo off topic and your saying go to the recipe!) But I just wanted to say without this creative freedom it would be difficult to truly enjoy what I do. As you have read, creativity is a way a life for me and without it I feel lifeless. I am sure every single one of you feel the same way one way or another. But in short that is the back story of the birth of my countless rice cooker recipes haha! Now on to the recipe!…
This recipe in my opinion is one of my favorites to make. I love how the chicken comes out and you can make this recipe in sooo many different ways! It is also very simple (Beauty of the Rice Cooker my friends!). So without further ado the Grilled Chicken for Quesadillas, Tacos, and many other things LOL.
- 1-2 pounds of coarsely chopped Grilled Chicken Breasts (I used frozen grilled chicken breast that I had thawed)
- 4-5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can or 1-2 cups of Diced Tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp of Minced Onion
- 1-2 tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1-2 tsp of Chicken Poultry Seasoning
- 1-2 tsp of Garlic and Pepper Powder
- 1-2 tsp of Onion Powder
- Paprika (Sprinkle for color)
- Salt (to taste)
- ***All seasoning measurements are optional, in my opinion seasonings should be measured according to YOUR taste level, so you can add less or more to make this dish yours 🙂
- Coarsely chop your cooked grilled chicken breasts to small shredded pieces and set aside.
- In your rice cooker add about 1-1 and 1/2 cups of warm water and add your bouillon cubes, minced onion and garlic, onion and garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste and to create a broth.
- Once your broth is boiling add your chicken and stir your chicken in the broth.
You will notice it seems a bit dry but your chicken will create more juice.
- As your chicken is cooking add your diced tomatoes and paprika to your chicken and let your chicken cook for at least 10 to 15 minutes till serving time.
- Now your chicken is finally cooked!
The chicken is tender and filled with flavor, it is also low cal for all our health conscious foodies! You can make delicious dishes like chicken tacos, burritos, nachos, quesadillas, the list goes on and on!
- Serve hot and enjoy 🙂
This dish was something I just came up with and its a favorite of everyone at my job. It is filled with delicious flavor and I am sure if you make this it will be a favorite of yours as well! I hope you guys experiment with this yummy dish and even a create a taco night!
Happy Cooking 🙂