Hey my culinary foodies!
So if anyone lives up north you probably feeling as cold as I am! It is FREEZING!!! I mean living in NY has its many advantages, the cold winters is NOT one of them! One way to comfort yourself is making a nice bowl of hot soup. While I’m not a soup person, this cold front were having would convert a non soup person into a soup lover! At work today I made a Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup for the children and I have to say the children loved it. While I like to make soups from scratched for the most part, I am a fan of Campbells Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup.
I used it as the starter of my soup, and I have to say it makes life easier ESPECIALLY when you have to make soup for 100+ kids. Even when using condenced soup from a can you can be so creative especially with cream of chicken, you can use it for not only soup but different sauces, cassoroles, the list is endless. Here is my quick and easy Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup.
- 1 can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 2 (cans) of Hot Water – use the can for the hot water
- 1-2 cups of Fresh or Frozen Veggies – I used broccoli, peas, carrots, and corn but you can pick whatever works for you
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Cooked Brown or White Rice – while I am a rice lover and love lots of rice some may not so the amount of rice is up to you
- 2 tsp of Garlic powder
- 2 tsp of Onion powder
- Parsley to sprinkle in and on top of soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour the can of soup in your pot and scrap off the rest with a rubber spatula
- Add cans of hot water and whisk soup till combined
- Add spices and herbs and set your soup under medium heat till simmering
- Combine veggies and rice to soup and simmer for about 20 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to soup and set to low heat
- Serve and enjoy the hot soup with nice crunchy bread, cold or hot sandwich 🙂
I told you that this recipe is easy! You can add whatever spices get you going or any veggies you like the choice is yours. Being creative no matter how you start a dish is the beauty of cooking. So I hope you get a chance to either make your own version or if you do not have the time go to your fave local restaurant and buy a nice cup or bowl of hot soup, find a good movie and keep warm in your favorite blanket when you get the chance on a cold day.
Enjoy and keep warm my culinary friends 😉